However, most people believe you need to take common high blood pressure (hypertension) prescriptions to combat your high blood pressure. Unfortunately, high blood pressure sufferers pay millions of dollars each day to take medications with harsh side effects. Some of these hypertension drugs include: Diuretics, Beta Blockers, ACE Inhibitors, Alpha Blockers and Vasodilators. Side effects could include: kill nutrients in body, risk of asthma symptoms, speed heart rate, depletion of taste, rashes, cold symptoms, kidney problems, headaches, nausea, weight gain, and growth of hair. Who wants to deal with these? Besides, I thought this was suppose to help people who suffer from high blood pressure. Does this sound better?
All doctors agree that treating high blood pressure naturally is also a way to improve your health and lower your blood pressure. In fact, thousands of people each day lower points on their blood pressure with natural (non-pharmaceutical) foods, vitamins and supplements. Here’s what one of our reader’s said,
“I found your information on prevention and control of Blood Pressure to be extraordinary as a lay primer for people of all ages. It is quite comprehensive and thorough, addressing completely not only the known medical facts concerning high blood pressure but also alternative means of prevention and control.”
True or False? All I need to do is lose weight to control my high blood pressure? False!
However, most people believe if they control their weight; they control their blood pressure.
Here are some other significant causes of high blood pressure:
Heredity: Do any family members suffer from hypertension? If so, you are at risk.
Race: African Americans are most at risk. However, all ethnicities are on a rise.
Gender: Men are more likely than women to have high blood pressure.
Age: As we become older, it is more difficult to control your blood pressure.
Salt Intake: Sodium intake has been linked with high blood pressure sufferers.
Smoking: Smokers will often times be more at risk for hypertension.
A Sedentary Lifestyle: If you are required to sit a lot at your profession… your risk rises.
Pregnancy, Diabetes and Alcoholism can also contribute to hypertension.
True or False? I can start to naturally cure my high blood pressure today? TRUE!
However, many people think you need to wait till your next doctor visit and tests before you start taking your high blood pressure serious. Life is too precious and unpredictable to wait when you are dealing with a disease that kills almost 60,000 Americans each year.
Start naturally treating your High Blood Pressure Today with these twelve tips!
1. Exercise for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week! Exercise equals a strong, efficient heart.
2. Loss that extra 15! This appears impossible… however, you would be surprised what will happen if you eat smaller portions and keep exercising!
3. Pass on the salt! Sodium reduction is a key to your high blood pressure treatment!
4. Grains are great, fruits are fabulous, and vegetables are vivacious!
5. Reduce your intake of alcohol.
6. Pack the potassium. Potassium is essential for lowering your blood pressure. Eat bananas, citrus fruits, low-fat milk and some vegetables.
7. More Magnesium! Potassium and magnesium usually go hand-in-hand for lowering blood pressure. Eat whole grains, dark green leafy vegetables and most nuts.
8. Calcium is King! This mineral will be a god-send to hypertension sufferers. Consider low-fat dairy products and calcium supplements.
9. Garlic has become a popular supplement! It is no wonder; it has great benefits to help your high blood pressure.
10. How about Hawthorn? No, not the writer… the herb! Sprinkle this herb on any dish and watch those blood pressure numbers plummet.
11. Multi-vitamins are loaded with vitamins that benefit your health and lower your blood pressure.
12. Relax! I know it sounds simple, but you would be surprised how many people forget about this.
Finally, these twelve tips will help you reclaim back your life and health. However, don’t stop with these twelve. You need to continue to educate yourself and understand what you are against. High blood pressure is a disease that can be deadly. Please take a few minutes and check out our high blood pressure/hypertension website. You would be amazed what other readers are saying!
Lastly, if your doctor has prescribed a blood-pressure lowering drug or combination of drugs for you and you are currently taking them, Do Not stop all at once or without consulting your doctor. Talk to your doctor about your intention to treat your blood pressure naturally. For more information, check out our website.