Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
Unfortunately, the reason so many people don’t know they have high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is that there aren’t really any clear symptoms of hypertension. However, some high blood pressure sufferers complain of: frequent headaches and dizziness. Therefore, if you even question that you or a loved one has high blood pressure, it is important to monitor your blood pressure regularly. And if you know your blood pressure is too high, you can do something about it TODAY. Keep reading!
Blood Pressure 101
What is blood pressure? Blood pressure is basically the force pushing on the arteries by your blood as it passes through them. Someone with high blood pressure has blood that is putting higher than normal pressure on the arteries. This puts more stress on the body. Hence, the heart has to work so hard to get the blood pumped through those arteries that it can actually enlarge and damage the heart, eventually causing a heart attack, stroke, aneurysm and other heart problems if left untreated. High blood pressure is not something to mess around with!
Causes for High Blood Pressure
What could put you at risk for high blood pressure? There are numerous causes but here is a list of the major ones:
Heredity: If your parents had high blood pressure, you are at risk.
Race: African Americans are most at risk. However, all ethnicities are on a rise.
Gender: Men are more likely than women to have high blood pressure.
Age: As you age, your risk of high blood pressure increases.
Salt Intake: Sodium intake has been linked with high blood pressure sufferers.
Obesity: Being overweight is a huge risk factor for high blood pressure.
Smoking: Smokers will often times be more at risk for hypertension.
A Sedentary Lifestyle: If you are required to sit a lot at your profession… your risk rises.
A Natural Cure for High Blood Pressure
Due to the seriousness of hypertension, doctors do have medications for sufferers. Including: Diuretics, Beta Blockers, ACE Inhibitors, Alpha Blockers and Vasodilators. However, here is the shocking part, as well as costing hundreds to thousands, many of these medications could have the following side-effects: kill nutrients in body, risk of asthma symptoms, speed heart rate, depletion of taste, rashes, cold symptoms, kidney problems, headaches, nausea, weight gain, and growth of hair. Not pleasant! Besides, I thought they were suppose to help hypertension sufferers?
Now the good news! There is an all-natural treatment for high blood pressure. Yes, you can drop points off your blood pressure reading in days! Doctors would agree there are numerous non-pharmaceutical things you can do lower your blood pressure. Start with these…
1. Educate Yourself! Most people hate studying but we’re talking about your life!
2. Lose Weight! What are ways you can be more active and cut a few calories during each day? Jump on the scale in one week and you might be surprised. PS. Your blood pressure will drop too!
3. Lower your salt intake now. Try to lower your intake to less than 2,400 milligrams per day. If possible, go as low as 1,500 milligrams per day. Lower your salt… lower your blood pressure.
4. Get enough potassium. Eat foods rich in potassium including bananas, vegetable juice, potatoes, citrus fruits and fish.
5. Take those Calcium Pills and eat that low-fat dairy. This mineral is proven to help the cause of lowering blood pressure.
6. Pack in the fiber! Any fiber is going to be helpful for clearing out the excess gunk in your body and keeping the blood pressure normal. Switch to whole grain foods whenever possible.
Finally, don’t stop here! This is just the tip of the iceberg for getting your life back to normal and lowering your blood pressure. Please take a few more minutes and check out our high blood pressure/hypertension website. You would be amazed what others are saying about it!